[Peace] "Chomsky & Friends," tonight at 6pm

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon May 2 12:08:22 CDT 2005

At 6pm Monday evening, May 2, WEFT (90.1 FM) will present an occasional
program entitled "Chomsky and Friends," hosted by yours truly.  It
presents talks and discussion in the spirit of Noam Chomsky, a mordant
critic of US government policy. Tonight's program will include a talk
delivered by Chomsky a week ago, entitled "Imminent Crises:
Responsibilities and Opportunities." --CGE

  C. G. Estabrook <www.newsfromneptune.com>
  "News from Neptune" (Saturdays 10-11AM), and
  "From Bard to Verse: A Program of the Spoken Arts"
  (Saturdays noon-1PM) on WEFT, Champaign, 90.1 FM,
  People who work hard to keep food on the table
  and are deluged with propaganda from infancy
  trying to get them to max out half a dozen credit cards
  to satisfy "wants" that are largely constructed
  by huge industries devoted to that purpose,
  cannot be expected to carry out individual research projects
  on every topic, or any topic. If people don't know the facts,
  that's our fault: we've failed as organizers and activists.
  So let's do more about it, instead of blaming people
  for what they do not do on their own --
  which would not be easy, by any means.  --Noam Chomsky