[Peace] Read Bill Moyers' speech. Take action to save PBS.

Timothy Karr, Campaign Dir. list at freepress.net
Tue May 17 12:05:00 CDT 2005

Dear Media Reformer:

Yesterday, we asked you to listen to Bill Moyers' historic speech at the close of the National Conference for Media Reform in St. Louis. Many of you did. So many, in fact, that our Web server slowed to a crawl. Our apologies to those of you who couldn't download the speech.

The full transcript is available now at www.freepress.net/news/8120.

Take a few moments to read Bill Moyers' speech and then take action to save public broadcasting. More than 60,000 Free Press activists have already joined a call for the resignation of Corporation for Public Broadcasting Chairman Kenneth Tomlinson and the creation of town hall meetings nationwide to put the public back into public broadcasting.

Before we deliver their signed petitions to Tomlinson's desk, we need 60,000 more Americans to join the call. If you haven't taken action on this already, sign the petition at: www.freepress.net/action/pbs

Then ask more people to join the call for Tomlinson's resignation. Forward this e-mail to all your friends and colleagues and help protect our public broadcasting from partisan tampering.

With your help, we can turn the tide against corporate and government efforts to muzzle the quality journalism, independent viewpoints, and dissenting voices that sustain our democracy.

Act now!

Timothy Karr and the Free Press team
www.freepress.net

P.S. To learn more about building a public broadcasting system that deserves public support, read "A New Standard," the recent report from Free Press, Common Cause, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, and Media Access Project at www.freepress.net/docs/pbs_report.pdf.

/*Your email ID. <diaEmailID='15633804'/>--*/