[Peace] tables and shelves needed

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:21:57 CST 2005

The UC-IMC Books to Prisoners program is growing by leaps and bounds! We are
getting ready to open a used book store in the main level of the IMC. The
money generated will help us fund the program and help fund the IMC (The BtP
gives 10% of our income to the IMC to help with overhead).

We are needing the following resources from the community:

1) assistance. Do you love books? Would you like to be a part of this
specific project?

2) Tables and shelves for displaying books.

3) A few comfy chairs for reading/browsing

4) book donations. Thanks to the community for continually dropping off
books at our Strawberry Fields drop-off-bin and at the IMC. We appreciate
it. We need you to keep it up. We send 50-100 books each week directly to
prisoners in thier cells. We are also stocking (and staffing!) the county
jail libraries. We sell the extra books to fund the postage and cover our
overhead.

Sincerely,
Sandra Ahten
217-367-6345