[Peace] AWARE Agenda, October 9

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 07:47:04 CDT 2005

1. News of the Week (10 minutes)

2. Introductions (5 minutes)

3. New Ideas: (15 minutes)

IDF Co-sponsorship request

This is Jen from the Illinois Disciples Foundation
(IDF).  I am
contacting
you today to ask for your co-sponsorship of an
upcoming event we're
holding!

On November 5th, we're hosting our Annual Fall Dinner.
This year the
keynote
speakers are Paul and Pat Vogel and there talk is
entitled "We're the
Problem, not the Solution: Out of Iraq NOW!" Below are
excerpts from
the
press release for this event that details the Vogel's
bio, details
about the
logistics of the dinner, etc. I am also attaching the
flyer for the
fall
dinner (pdf).

Agreeing to co-sponsor entails letting us use AWARE's
name on
all our publicity as a co-sponsor.  Also, we would ask
that you help us
publicize the event by announcing it to your
membership and e-mail
lists,
encouraging your members to attend the event, and
possibly putting up
some
of our flyers.  Monetary donations to help us defray
the costs of
bringing
the keynote speakers will be much appreciated, but
it's by no means
required.

If AWARE would like to co-sponsor, please reply to me
by
**Wednesday, October 12th at 5pm.**  Feel free to
contact me with any
questions regarding the event or about co-sponsorship.
 I can also be
reached by phone at the IDF at 352-8721.  Thank you
very much for your
support, and we hope to hear from you.

In Solidarity,
Jen Tayabji
IDF Executive Director

4. Working Groups: (30 minutes)

Finances

Farmers Market

Main Event

Counter-Recruitment

AWARE Presents

5. Last Week's Events (15 minutes for 5 and 6)

Unity March
AWARE Presents

6. Upcoming Events

THE EXONERATED will be performed at Parkland College

Culled from interviews, letters, transcripts, case
files, and the public record, THE EXONERATED, a play
written by Jessica Blank and Erik Jensen, and directed
by Randi Jennifer Collins Hard, tells the moving
stories of six wrongfully convicted survivors of death
row in their own words. This hard-hitting play moves
between first-person monologues and scenes set in
courtrooms and prision. The six interwoven stories
paint a picture of a criminal justice system gone
horribly wrong and of six brave souls who persevered
to survive it.

Preview Performance Wednesday, September 28 at 8 p.m.
September 30 and October 1, 6, 7, 8 at 8 p.m.
October 9 at 3 p.m.
Thursday, October 6 all tickets half price
* Special post-performance discussion with Delbert
Tibbs and Rachael Dietkus on September 30.

*******