[Peace] this is a good one - google bomb

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 20 14:57:01 CDT 2005

>From: Lois Steinberg <lsteinbe at uiuc.edu>
> 1- http://www.google.com
> 2- Type in the word "Failure"
> 3- Instead of clicking "Google Search," click "I'm Feeling
Lucky."
> 4- Giggle
> 5- Spread the word before the people at Google "fix" it.

Google bombing works!
You can actually help keep "failure" pointing to W.

Google indexes by using the way other pages label a link.
Therefore, the more people that link to that webpage using
the word "failure" to describe the link, the more highly that
page will rank when someone searches for "failure."

So how can you help keep W. ranking highly as a failure? Just
call him one on your webpage. On your own web page, create a
link to http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html,
using the label "failure." The html should look like this:

<a
href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html">failure
</a>

Google, in a few days, will index your webpage, pull out the
links and the terms you used to describe the links, and you
have helped deliver a Google Bomb.

The Google Bomb was invented by Adam Mathes, who now works
for Google. To learn more about how it all works:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb