[Peace] March and rally for immigration reform

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 23:19:07 CDT 2006

Discussed briefly at tonite's meeting...

The next planning meeting, for anybody who wants to
help with the immigration reform events, is this
Tuesday April 4 at 7pm at La Casa, 1203 Nevada between
Goodwin and Matthews.  All are welcome.

The march and rally are Monday April 10:
March begins at 11am at the mini-park on Neil & Green.
Rally at 12noon on the UIUC Quad.
This event is part of a National Day of Action for
Immigration Reform.

It is in support of HR 1684 "The Student Adjustment
Act", and against HR 4437 "Border Protection,
Antiterrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act."
The local activity is entirely organized by Latino/a
students at UIUC, Parkland and Centennial High School
who will be walking out of classes for it.

They are not asking for cosponsorship, just
participation and help spreading the word.  Seems the
least we can do.  I'll post more info on peace-discuss ASAP.