[Peace] Community Court Watch

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:47:52 CDT 2006

"Watch Your Back"

Community Court Watch, a program started by Champaign Urbana Citizens for
Peace and Justice, is holding a protest at the Champaign County courthouse
in downtown Urbana on Wednesday, April 5 at 1pm. We will meet at the IMC,
pick up signs, and march to the courthouse.

Who is Kurt Hjort?
Who is Brian Silverman?
Who is Tom Difanis?
Who is RYAN GARRETT?

Officer Garrett was suspended from Tolono police force with pay on Dec 17.
His is charged with midconduct and disorderly conduct for harassing his
estranged wife and her boyfriend.

While in uniform and in his squad car, Garrett threatened his ex-wife's
boyfriend, telling him, "I'm a cop. Watch your back."

He later abused his position of power to dispatch a fellow officer to harass
his ex-wife and reported she was driving under the influence, which a
breathalizer proved false.

For more information, see the News Gazette article Feb 24, 2006.

RIP MLK 4/4/1968

BD

--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.