[Peace] Tonight 8-10 PM on WEFT 90.1 FM

Carl Estabrook cge at shout.net
Wed Apr 5 00:22:26 CDT 2006

	"What I Heard About Iraq"

	------------------------------
	Show: Digital Citizen
	Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2006
	Time: 8-10 PM
	------------------------------

Today -- although a substantial majority of Americans now oppose the war
in Iraq -- agents of the the U.S. government are continuing to kill men,
women and children in our name throughout the Middle East.  They are
torturing and imprisoning people around the world, in secret CIA jails and
military concentration camps in Cuba, Afghanistan and elsewhere (put there
precisely to be out of reach of U.S. courts).  And our congress and courts
acquiesce.

Tonight on WEFT, the program "Digital Citizen" will present some of what
we've heard about Iraq -- selections from a brilliant compilation of
things actually said by our political leaders and others as brought
together by the poet Eliot Weinberger.  His book *What I Heard About Iraq*
is published by Verso.  Its editor writes,

	"The Iraq war has unleashed such a torrent of opinion
	... polemic, neo-con apologia, world-weary cynicism ...
	[that] the important truths are being lost.
	[In] an extraordinary montage of facts, sound-bites
	and testimonies, [Weinberger] assembles ...
	a blackly comic narrative that permits
	the voices of the war to speak ...
	and allows the protagonists to
	damn themselves in their own words."

	DR. NO, Jeff Nicholson-Owens, founder and host of Digital Citizen,
	is away on hiatus, so once again tonight's show will be presented
	by your oxymoronic guest hosts, the AWARE Radio Players
	-- Mort Brussel, Carl Estabrook and Linda Evans.
	As the Doctor says, "Thank you so much for listening to the show.
	Your attention makes doing the show worthwhile."

	And remember, at two minutes and three seconds after one
	this morning, the time and date were 01:02:03 04/05/06.
	(If you missed it, it will happen again in a hundred years.)

    ****Digital Citizen tonight 8-10 PM on WEFT 90.1 FM****