[Peace] AWARE Agenda, April 9, 2006

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 08:29:42 CDT 2006

1. News of the Week (10 minutes)

2. Introductions (5 minutes)

3. New Ideas: (15 minutes)

Township Resolution Meetings Monday

________________________

NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION
Economic Boycott to protest anti-immigrant bills ands
upport fair comprehensive immigration reform!

Do Not Shop!  Do Not Eat at Restaurants!  Do Not Buy
Gas!
General Strike!  Do Not Attend Class!
Inform All Your Family and Friends!
Wear White to Show Support!

MONDAY APRIL 10th!
UIUC March and Rally!

11am - Meet on corner of Neil and Green
Noon - Rally on the Quad

We need comprehensive immigration reform not HR-4437!

_______________________________

Co-sponsorship request from IDF:
"Breaking the Silence on Torture: Survivor and
Activist Dong Tizon Speaks Out."

Thursday, April 20th
7pm to 9pm
at the Illinois Disciples Foundation

____________________

C-sponsorship of Palestine Awareness Week

Hey fellow RSO leaders,

>   I am the President of the Arab Student
Association,
>   and we are planning a Palestine Awareness Week
>   (April 17th-21st) and were wondering if your
>   organization would like to cosponsor our event.
All
>   we really need is help with major advertising, and
>   at the same time, your group will be publicized
>   through our flyers and such.  If you would like to
>   know more about the actual planned events, please
>   let me know.  We would love to work with your
group,
>   so please let us know ASAP if you would like to
>   cosponsor this event.  Thanks!!
>
>   Lina El-Beshbeeshy
>   ASA President

____________________

Mother's Voices for Peace

4. Working Groups: (30 minutes)

Finances

MAIN Event

Church Presence

Champaign (City Council Resolution)

Counter-recruitment

Racism Working Group

Progressive Quad Day

WEFT Group

5. Last Week's Events (15 minutes for 5 and 6)

6. Upcoming Events

AWARE Presents Working Group Meeting, Monday, April
10,
Kruse's home.

Empire, Crisis, and Resistance: A View from the South

A talk by Dr. Walden Bello

Professor of Sociology, University of the Philippines
and Executive Director, Focus on the Global
South,Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand

5pm, Wednesday, April 12, 2006 Gregory Hall 100