[Peace] Tonight 8-10 PM on WEFT 90.1 FM

Carl Estabrook cge at shout.net
Wed Apr 19 12:22:34 CDT 2006

He was a black man owned by the family, who lived in Lexington, and a
member of the Lexington militia.  (His father, also part of the family,
had apparently been brought to Massachusetts by way of Jamaica.)  When
Washington took command of the Massachusetts militias in Cambridge on July
3, 1775, he wanted all the blacks removed, but the militias refused.

--CGE