[Peace] greetings from guatemala

rohloff at uiuc.edu rohloff at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 28 10:05:33 CDT 2006

Howdy all,

As many of you know I am running a small new NGO clinic in a Kaqchikel
speaking finca outside of San Antonio Suchitepéquez, Guatemala. I am planning
a medical team from the States to come down in January 2007 and am issuing
this invitation to any medical sorts who might lurk on this list.

This is a very busy clinic, one practitioner will see at least 50 patients in a
working day, the mix is about 75% children, many of the rest women, of whom
30-40% are pregnant at any one time and of the rest 80-90% are lactating. I am
especially looking for people who would like to provide women's health services
(talking about family planning, fitting pessaries, as well as general exams), also
diabetes education and management, and nutritional work since most of the
children are very undernourished.

Please forward to anyone you know who might be interested, and I can of course
provide more details.

Yo te buscaré a quién amar
antes de que no seas niño:
después te toca abrir tu caja
y comerte tus sufrimientos.
                                         --Neruda
Peter Rohloff, PhD
Laboratory of Molecular Parasitology
Medical Scholars Program
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
217-333-4766