[Peace] Wal-Mart protest Jan 31

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 17:21:16 CST 2006

(please forward to your contacts, editing as you see
fit)

WAKE UP WALMART

Join us on an Informational Picket Line, January 31,
3-4:30 pm in front of the new Urbana Wal-Mart on
Tatman Court (the Post Office side.) It's their Grand
Opening. We want to give them a warm Urbana welcome.

The purpose of this picket line is to tell people why
Wal-Mart needs to change.

Ø      Wages below the poverty line force employees to
rely on government programs. Wal-Mart pays $1-$2 less
per hour than other superstores

Ø      Wal-Mart's health care benefits are so poor,
employees are advised by managers to seek medical
public assistance.

Ø      Wal-Mart is the subject of the largest gender
discrimination lawsuit in the history of America.

Ø      Wal-Mart violates child labor laws, immigration
laws and forces unpaid over time work.

Ø      Our taxes subsidize Wal-Mart through city
government subsidies, public housing assistance and
welfare for employees, full and part- time

Ø      Wal-Mart has its own "plantation factories"
overseas that produce most of its goods.

Sponsored by C-U Coalition for a Living Wage

C-U Jobs with Justice Organizing Committee

The Wake-Up Wal-Mart Campaign – a national grassroots
movement of Americans who believe by joining together
we can change Wal-Mart and build a better America

Local questions and comments? cu_jwj_forming at mail.com
or 344-3354.

More information on Wal-Mart? www.WAKEUPWALMART.COM