[Peace] Fwd: KATHY KELLY

Laura Haber lhaber at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:46:27 CST 2006

yes, its true. I'll post her complete schedule in the next few days.

  -Laura

Durl Kruse <jandurl at insightbb.com> wrote:
  THIS IS INFORMATION FROM THE ALLEN HALL WEBSITE AT THE UNIVERSITY.
MAYBE LAURA HABER WILL CONFIRM.

Current Guests In Residence

The guests of this program live in Allen Hall and, in cooperation with
students and staff, attempt to elicit an understanding for the
necessity of creative thinking in society. The opening presentation for
each guest is at Allen Hall on the first Sunday or Monday night of each
residency. All are welcome.

Spring 2006 Semester
â—¦ Kathy Kelly

> Spring 2006
> January 29, 2006 – February 2, 2006
> Kathy Kelly
>
> Kathy Kelly has been a Nobel Peace Prize Nominee three times. She
> helped initiate Voices in the Wilderness, a campaign to end the UN/US
> sanctions against Iraq. Voices in the Wilderness organized 70
> delegations to visit Iraq in the period between 1996 and the beginning
> of the Operation Shock and Awe warfare. Kelly has been to Iraq twenty
> times since 1996. In October 2002, she joined Iraq Peace Team members
> in Baghdad where she and the team maintained a presence throughout the
> bombardment and invasion. She has also helped organize and
> participated in nonviolent direct action teams in Haiti and Bosnia.
> Kelly served nine months in Lexington, KY maximum security prison in
> 1988 for planting corn on nuclear missile silo sites. She was recently
> imprisoned for three months in Pekin Federal Prison Camp for her
> participation in a nonviolent protest calling for closure of the
> School of the Americas military combat training school based in Fort
> Benning, GA. Kelly has taught in Chicago area community colleges and
Peace mailing list
Peace at lists.chambana.net