[Peace] Check out this upcoming program!

Lily Wilcock yohko_2050 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 21:37:50 CDT 2006

I wanted to let you know that I am hosting an exciting event on July 18 (Tuesday) and I thought your organization would be interested in hearing about it.

The Center for Progressive Leadership Action Network is holding Media Impact Trainings at house party events across the country. These trainings are focused on helping activists and organizers throughout the country hone their earned media strategies, improve their media event planning, and learn the ins and outs of pitching stories to local press. I am going to be hosting one of the trainings at the Urbana Civic Center!

Through an innovative combination of video, conference call, and facilitated small group interactives, the Center for Progressive Leadership Action Network will provide participants with the tools for implementing successful earned media events, including:

    * Elements of Effective Earned Media Strategies
    * Researching and Prospecting Local Media Opportunities
    * Planning and Implement Effective Media Events
    * Pitching the Press
    * Building Long-term Relationships with the Media and more...

There are still spots available at the media party and I would love to have you coming along!

You should check it out at www.cplaction.org where you can use an interactive map to find house parties in your area!

We all ready have a couple Dr. Gill volunteers coming, and no matter what your political stance you are welcome to join.

If you have any questions or comment e-mail me or call me at (217)328-2182 or (217)419-6315.

Thank you!<BR/>