[Peace] Re:Bike clinic/coop

Leigh Estabrook leighe at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 26 07:03:42 CDT 2006

The Catholic Worker holds a bike clinic 2 or so times a year
during which the guests we serve have the opportunity to help
repair used bikes and then--in exchange--ride off with them.
We began this progam several years ago when we realized we
didn't have the resources to keep people in bus tokens and yet
many had no alternative ways of transportation.

If this group would like to take up this activity, we'd be
happy to publicize it for you.  Alternatively, if you find you
have excess number of bikes, we would be happy to take them
and give them out at our bike clinics.

Thanks a lot.

Leigh [Estabrook]
Leigh S. Estabrook
Professor of Library and Information Science and of Sociology
501 East Daniel
Champaign, IL 61820
217.333.4209
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/leighe/www/