[Peace] come march for equal rights and marriage equality on the 4th of July

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Jun 25 18:29:51 CDT 2006

Conservative groups have gathered hundreds of thousands of signatures to
put a referendum on the November ballot to write discrimination into the
state constitution - shutting gay and lesbian partners out of the several
thousand economic and legal privileges of marriage.

In Champaign County, tens of thousands signed on to this discriminatory
referendum.  For weeks our local gay rights groups have labored over these
signatures working to disqualify the ballot measure.  Now we are going to
be OUT and PROUD in the 4th of July parade.  Friends and allies welcome.
We want to be 100 strong.  Info below - Danielle

-------------------------------------
 "Families in Support of Marriage Equality"

 100 Marchers Needed for The Fourth of July Parade!!

 Who: Families, individuals, couples, and allies (LGBT and straight)

 When: Tuesday, July 4th,12:30 p.m. (Parade starts at 1 p.m.)

 Where: Intersection of Lincoln & Nevada Streets, Urbana

 What to bring: American  and Pride flags, sunscreen, water, and walking shoes

 We'll have signs and a trailer available with seating if you (or the kids)
 need a break from walking.

 Also, please join us at a sign-making party.

 When: Sunday, July 2nd, 2 p.m.

 Where: 1108 Holiday Drive, Champaign

 RSVP: Kathie Spegal (kmspegal at sbcglobal.net or 217-417-8832) for sign-making
 and/or  marching.

 Equal Marriage Illinois Champaign County is a local grass roots group
 dedicated to securing marriage rights for all Illinois families.

Please forward this memo to your friends and family