[Peace] Re: [cu_citizens] Re: [Peace-discuss] Patrick Thompson trial

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:27:20 CDT 2006

At 12:34 PM 6/26/2006, Carol George wrote:

>Be Peace, Be Just
>
>Please be advised that the trial once again has been cancelled.  I am , at
>present, without any real explanation.  Aaron received a call to this
>effect and that's all that we know. So please stay tuned.  There is no
>trial today.
>Peace,
>
>Sis. Carol

One of the chief functions of the law seems to be the requesting of
continuances.  If it was the prosecution and not  Patrick himself or his
attorney requesting the delay, then perhaps Patrick could get the case
thrown out of court on the basis of his Constitutional right to a speedy
trial?  It's a long shot, but it's a thought.

John Wason