[Peace] Urbana City Resolution To Withdrawal the Troops

Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Thu Mar 9 10:57:48 CST 2006

A “BRING THE TROOPS HOME” CITY RESOLUTION IS TO BE INTRODUCED AT NEXT
MONDAY’S, MARCH 13TH URBANA CITY COUNCIL MEETING – 7:00 PM!

Three city council members have expressed strong support for a city
resolution calling for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.  They
are Charlie Smyth, Danielle Chynoweth and Brandon Bowersox.  Dennis
Roberts is likely the fourth affirmative vote. One of the three is
planning to introduce the resolution for discussion at the council
study session this coming Monday evening.  If approved, it will then go
to the regular council meeting on March 20 for a final vote.  To date
council member Robert Lewis has remained uncommitted while Lynne Barnes
and Heather Stevenson have expressed opposition.

At Monday’s study session, City Council members supporting this
resolution have asked us to make a brief presentation, to have a show
of hands of support from the audience, and to submit a copy of the
signature petitions collected.  To preserve council time, they have
asked us not to have a long list of speakers address the council.  We
have agreed to abide by their request.

Therefore your physical presence and support Monday night is extremely
important to the successful passage of this resolution. The community
must demonstrate to the city council its support for this resolution.
By showing up in large numbers we can validate widespread community
support for this resolution.  We must fill the city council chambers
Monday night!

By obtaining the approval and passage of this community resolution, we
can send a clear message to our elected representatives in Washington
about our concerns with the human and financial costs of this war to
our country, to Urbana, and to Iraq.

Please join your friends and neighbors at city hall Monday night at
7:00 pm.

What you can do:
1.	Show your support by attending the city council meeting next Monday,
March 13th at 7:00 pm, 400 S. Vine St.

2.	Spread the word to others in the community and encourage them to
attend also.

3.	Email or contact your ward representative expressing your support
for this resolution. This would be especially helpful if you reside in
Wards 5 & 7 and have not done so.

Lynne Barnes	         	Ward 7		lcbarnes at city.urbana.il.us
Brandon Bowersox     	Ward 4	      	bcbowersox at city.urbana.il.us
Danielle Chynoweth	Ward 2	   	dichynoweth at city.urbana.il.us
Robert Lewis			Ward 3	     	relewis at city.urbana.il.us
Dennis  Roberts		Ward 5	   	dproberts at city.urbana.il.us
Charlie  Smyth		Ward 1	    	casmyth at city.urbana.il.us
Heather Stevenson		Ward 6	      	hdstevenson at city.urbana.il.us

THANK YOU AND HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT MONDAY NIGHT!
(Sponsored by AWARE and many supporters in the Urbana community.)