[Peace] AWARE Agenda, May 14, 2006

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Sun May 14 15:02:23 CDT 2006

Don't forget...

Community Courty Watch demonstration Wednesday, May 17 at 1 p.m.

Tell the police no more intimidation!

No more illegal search and seizures!

In August 2004, Patrick Thompson and Martell Miller were charged with Class
X felony eavesdropping. A grassroots movement rallied to put a new State's
Attorney into office, Julia Reitz, who made this a campaign issue and
dropped the eavesdropping charges when she entered office.

Yet 3 individuals have come to Community Court Watch with allegations that
police have threatened them with Class X felony eavesdropping and have
confiscated their personal property.

This on Julia Reitz's watch.

Police know that the Class X felony eavesdropping charges are bogus.
These threats are being used to justify illegal search and seizure.
They are only enforced on those who monitor police behavior.

It has been two years since Urbana citizens were promised a Police Review
Board.
Court Watch demands to see the formation of an independent oversight board.
We are also pursuing a Congressional bill to protect cop watch videotaping
and recording.

See you Wednesday, BD

On 5/14/06, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much to those who were most instrumental in
> making Anna Baltzers's visit such a success: the
> Kruses, Storms, and Estabrooks, as well as all who
> made her feel welcomed in our community.
>
> DG
>
> 1. News of the Week (10 minutes)
>
> 2. Introductions (5 minutes)
>
> 3. New Ideas: (15 minutes)
>
> 4. Working Groups: (30 minutes)
>
> Finances
>
> Farmers Market
>
> MAIN Event
>
> AWARE Presents
>
> Church Presence
>
> 5. Last Week's Events (15 minutes for 5 and 6)
>
> AWARE Presents
>
> Cable Access Channel - Champaign City Council
>
> 6. Upcoming Events
>
> Champaign City Council - CU Smokefree

Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
204 S. Lynn St.