[Peace] Fwd: [Aware] venue for ICPJ conference in March?

Joan Nelshoppen jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 7 12:31:42 CST 2006

My apologies.

The space I will be using (church basement - a large space) is accessible.
I assume the church above would be, because of Sunday services.  The first
floor of the foundation, with several meeting rooms and a medium sized space
(with lots of heavy wooden tables- probably cannot be stored) is accessible,
even though there are stairs in the middle, because of the mini-elevator
that goes up and down those few steps.

I guess what is NOT accessible is the second floor of the foundation which
is a large open space.

It would kind-of be a pain to have stuff in both buildings (in order to take
advantage of the large basement room) but it might be doable if nothing else
is found.  My apologies for steering you wrong.  Someplace all in one
building would be better.

Have you considered the Unitarian Universalist Church on 309 W Green St?
I'm not sure how much space you need but it was renovated a couple years ago
and has a good sized fellowship hall as well as the sanctuary and several
meeting rooms.  It is accessible, in a sense.  There is an elevator that
goes to both floors but it requires a key and a small amount of training for
someone to help with those using it.

Contact info:
Office manager is Karen Hsu.  Phone number is 217-384-8862.  Her hours are 9
to 1 weekdays.

I have no idea how to locate suitable UI campus spaces.

Good luck,
Joan