[Peace] Peter In Guatemala

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Mon Nov 20 13:48:30 CST 2006

As many of you know Peter has been working in a small
indigeneous and impoverished community of La Conception outside of San
Antonia, Suchitapequez, Guatemala. This is partnership with a small
non-for
profit organization, Partners in Development. Little by little he has
been setting
up a medical clinic there. As well, he has five other clinic sights
he is inthe
process if working with. Things like miscroscopes, a centrifuge, and
other lab
equipment have already been donated. As a Christmas gift to these
clinics, I
would like to take up a monetary offering to send to Peter's work.
These funds
would be designated for the purchase of over the counter medicines,
simple
vitamins, and painkillers, things we tend to take for granted, but
which are vital
to these people. it can cost a week's worth of wages to simply pay
for a medical
exam or for prescriptions. Your donation would go so far.  There will
be a group
from Champaign Urbana in December and a second one in January, so Peter
could also arrange to have  specific needs purchased here and have
them bring
it.

If you would like to send a Christmas donation in any amount to the
Medical
clinics, please make checks out to:
Peter and Rebecca Rohloff and send to 2305 Lantern Hill Drive
Urbana, Il 61802.

Please pass this email on to the Peace List, and all the people that
may want to
support Peter, or   the development of Indigeneous communities in Latin
America. We can all extend the quality of other's  lives in this
small way. Thank
you for all your prayers and support. we appreciate it all!
Rebecca Plummer Rohloff
U of I School of Art and Design
Department of Art Education
Instructor - Art in Public Schools/