[Peace] Demonstrate for Peace & Democracy this Sat. - spread the word!

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 17:41:49 CST 2006

In November we voted to pull out of Iraq.

So did over 150 other communities, from California to
Massachusetts.

Now the Democrats are trying to squirm out of it.
They meet Dec. 5.

Demand Withdrawal!
Sat. Dec. 2
2-4pm
Main and Neil in Champaign

This will be the first local anti-war demonstration
since the referendum calling for withdrawal passed in
both Champaign and Urbana Nov. 7.

This is a victory lap for peace, folks, but also a
demand that the Democrats listen to the will of the
people who put them back in control of Congress.  And
that the Republicans cut and run.

There is a national call-in to Congress Dec. 4, the
day before their meeting on the much-touted "new
direction".  We'll be promoting that call-in as well
as our ongoing letter-writing campaign.

Dress warm and dry.  Bring a friend.  The media may
show.