[Peace] Darfur awareness

byelick2 at uiuc.edu byelick2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 25 21:16:03 CDT 2006

Hello, my name is Jenny Byelick, and I am a sophomore at the University of Illinois. I had all these emails from a list I am on (Peace), concerning correspondence with local political activism.  I am the outreach chair of a student run organization, Action Darfur, a chapter of the nation wide student movement, Stand: Student Anti-Genocide Coalition and its partner, the Genocide Intervention Network, in raising awareness of the ongoing genocide in Sudan.

We have a lot of events coming up, including Darfur Fast on October 5, in which we are asking students to pledge a luxury item for one day and donate the money saved.  We are having a rally on the quad that evening.  If you are interested in these events,or in working with our club in the future, please let me know.  We appreciate any help from the community in raising awareness and support for our efforts.  I can also send you more information on our organization, events and goals.

Thank you,

Jenny Byelick
byelick2 at uiuc.edu