[Peace] This Wednesday: "An Inconvenient Truth"

Nancy Dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Mon Apr 9 18:35:44 CDT 2007

Just a reminder:

Come watch the Academy Award-winning documentary “An Inconvenient Truth”
followed by discussion

This Wednesday, April 11th, 7:15pm
Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 W. Oregon, Urbana

According to the website www.climatecrisis.net, “humanity is sitting on a
ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are
right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could
send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving
extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond
anything we have ever experienced.”
“AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH offers a passionate and inspirational look at Al
Gore’s fervent crusade to halt global warming's deadly progress in its
tracks by exposing the myths and misconceptions that surround it.”

Dr. Angus Rockett, professor and Associate Head of Materials Science and

Engineering at the University of Illinois, will facilitate discussion
afterwards.

REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED					FREE AND OPEN TO ALL

Co-sponsored by the Social Action Committee and the Green UU’s at the
Unitarian Universalist Church; Students for Environmental Concerns;
Community United Church of Christ; 1st Mennonite Church Peace & Justice
Initiative; Illinois Disciples Foundation & Activist Forum; McKinley
Church and Foundation; Social Action Committee of St. Patrick's Church;
Episcopal Chapel of St. John the Divine; U-C Friends Meeting; University
YMCA; AWARE.