[Peace] Red Herring Benefit THIS SATURDAY MAY 5th

Amy Clay amyr.clay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:45:40 CDT 2007

Come out to our Spring Benefit to celebrate the birthday of the Red
Herring! The Educational Food Service (the precursor to the Red Herring
Vegetarian Restaurant) opened in 1977, marking thirty years of the Red
Herring providing nutritious delicious food to U of I Students and the
Urbana-Champaign community!

Beginning at 4:00 in the Chapel there will be acoustic acts with
everything from bluegrass to zydeco, including the Corn Desert Ramblers,
the Duke of Uke, Big Grove Zydeco, and Mhondoro (playing upbeat afro-pop
from Zimbabwe).

After that, the party will move downstairs to the Red Herring at 7:00 for
the rock & roll portion of the evening! This will include such local
favorites as Santa, Banket Arms, Triple Whip, New Ruins and
Zmick.

Great vegetarian refreshments will be served, courtesy of the Red
Herring. There will also be raffle prizes and games!
$5 for upstairs event/$5 for downstairs event, or pay $8 for a day pass.

All proceeds will go towards supporting Red Herring Vegetarian
Restaurant.

For more information, contact the Channing-Murray Foundation
at 344-1176 or
to view the flyer--visit our website at www.channingmurray.org/redherring

AND PLEASE, COME BY FOR LUNCH before we CLOSE for the SUMMER
(Tues.- Fri. 11-3)

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL, ORGANIC, VEGAN,
NOT-FOR-PROFIT, MADE WITH LOVE, RESTAURANT! (it doesn't get much better than
that!)

Hope to see you there!