[Peace] AWARE meeting minutes for August 12, 2007

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 16 19:24:02 CDT 2007

A gentle reminder about "The media was absent for both these."

Remember that at the IMC (www.ucimc.org), you ARE the media. We've got a
spot for your important announcements (choose "time and date of event"
option when using the posting form) and we're especially glad to get
news of events after they've happened (choose "Local news")-- even more
so when there is a picture! That almost always rates a feature, where
your story will be syndicated out to the IMC network.

It's true that the IMC could do more to toot our own horn to get the
word out about the resources we offer, but we're always happy to let you
toot yours!
Mike Lehman

Karen Medina wrote:
> AWARE Meeting Minutes for Sunday August 12, 2007
> SNIP
> Past Events
> Monday (August 6) Hiroshima Day Vigil (nobody mentioned attending).
> Thursday (August 9) the Walkers 4 Peace came through. Group included 4 walkers. 8 people stayed at Jay Mittenthal's house.
> Saturday (August 11) the Illinois Veterans' Caravan called "Veterans Speak Out" came through C-U and had an event at the War Memorial in Urbana.
> Comments about these events:
> * The media was absent for both these.
> * Plus we barely knew about the veterans event.

SNIP