[Peace] Monday, August 27, 9pm / Elvira Arellano Vigil

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 23 07:06:32 CDT 2007

Please add this to your list of events next week:
>Elvira Arellano Vigil/Immigration Reform/Against further raids and splitting up of families
>Monday, August 27, 2007 9pm
>Anniversary Plaza, [The Quad immediately behind the Union]
>
>The Vigil is to give this family support to make it through these hardships. Also, the vigil will be to show support against further raids and splitting up of families. The hope is that a more humane and responsible approach is taken in immigration reform.
>
>Please come and show your support.
>
>Donations for Elvira Arellano will also be taken and collected.
>
>Tania Zambrano
>tzambra2 at uiuc.edu
>(708)769-9193
>
>"God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."-Serenity Prayer

"Elvira Arellano (born 1975) is a Mexican citizen from San Miguel Curahuango, Michoacán, notable for living illegally in the United States. Facing deportation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Arellano took sanctuary in the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Division Street in Chicago in August 2006. On August 19, 2007, having traveled to California to make appearances, Arellano was arrested by U.S. authorities outside of Our Lady Queen of Angels Church in downtown Los Angeles. [1] She is the president of La Familia Latina Unida (United Latino Family), a group that lobbies for families that could be split by deportation."-wikipedia