[Peace] Sept 15 Protest

wyatt2 at uiuc.edu wyatt2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 29 01:08:01 CDT 2007

Hi AWARE members

This is Steven Wyatt with the Campus Antiwar Network (CAN).  I was told there were some people who were wanting to go to DC for the protest in September.  CAN took 2 trips to DC last semester so we won't be going to this one.  However, there is a CAN chapter in Iowa that IS getting a bus to go to DC and they always pass through Urbana-Champaign on their way.  So if anyone is interested you can get on the bus here for $100.  Here is the number to contact.

Here is the email I got with all the necessary information.  This was sent to me on the 25th of August so contact them ASAP (I know how hard it is to organize a bus especially when people tell you they are coming at the last minute).

Dear Potential Bus Riders,

If you have interest in going to D.C. next month and haven't contacted Susan or myself about going, please call or e-mail one of us. We still have room on the bus for you. If you have limited financial resources, don't rule yourself out. We are working hard to raise money and can put your name on the sponsorship list. If you can afford part of the payment but not all of it, that's OK. Hopefully, our efforts will bear fruit. Feel free to ask people you know or groups you're in for help. It could be politically progressive groups, church groups, social justice organizations, or just family and friends who can't go but would be open to helping you go.

Anyway, unfortunately time is short, so if you've thought about it but haven't pursued it, now is the time. If you haven't been to a protest and march in D.C., this will be a good opportunity to experience thousands of people joining their voices together to say stop this war. If we don't do it, no one will.

Thanks,

Tim Gauger (319-936-2307/timothy-gauger at uiowa.edu) and Susan Junis (319-541-1684/susan_junis at caucus4priorities. org)

Thanks,
Steven Wyatt

P.S.  Also, if anyone is interested in getting involved with CAN, our first meeting will be on Tuesday, Sept 4th at the IDF at 7pm.  Just because you aren't a student doesn't mean you aren't welcome.