[Peace] GI Revolt on 60 Minutes this Sunday

martin smith send2smith at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 22:36:50 CST 2007

please forward widely...

 FORGET THE OSCARS!  WATCH THIS IMPORTANT SPECIAL THIS SUNDAY ON 60 MINUTES  ABOUT THE EMERGING GI MOVEMENT AGAINST WAR!

 "60 MINUTES" will be running a segment this coming Sunday called "Dissension in the Ranks" that I thought you might be interested in. As you may have heard, last month, more than a thousand active-duty and reserve members of the U.S.  armed forces petitioned Congress to end the war in Iraq . The soldiers involved say they are not disloyal or shirking their duty – but rather are legally expressing their opinions to Congress. Several of those involved agreed to speak to  CBS News'   Lara Logan for the story, which will air this   Sunday,   Feb. 25 (7PM ET/PT on   CBS). We are trying to spread the word on the piece, particularly to people with a particular interest in the subject, so once again, we would be grateful if you'd consider sending out something to your listserve and/or posting something on your website. As before, further information will also be available on our own website ( http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/08/60minutes/main13502.shtml ), which you're
 welcome to link to from yours.

 Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and thanks for your consideration.

 Best,

  Robin Sanders
CBS News 60 Minutes
phone: 212-975-7598