[Peace] Comfy Video Viewing Space at the IMC!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Jan 2 20:52:35 CST 2007

Happy New Year IMC friends and members!

There is now a comfy video viewing space in the Family Room of the
IMC which is located on the lower level - north side.

We have couches, a large screen TV, DVD & VCR players, and the IMC
collection of things to watch.  IMC members are welcome to use this
space to watch videos - alone or with friends - for free any time it
is not reserved for use.  View the calendar for use here:
www.ucimc.org/calendar.  (Note that events in the family room are
colored green.)  If you are not yet a member, visit http://
www.ucimc.org/info/donate to become one!

Chris has decorated the room, we have a new rug, and Heidi is
nurturing a nursery of plants.  It is really cozy.  Check it out!  If
someone wants to set up the one cup coffee maker, stock the freezer
in the room, or donate a small/mini fridge for refreshments that
would be swell.

Please keep the space clean, negotiate sound with the nearby offices,
turn off lights and lock doors when you are done, and leave all
videos in the IMC (we don't have a check out system unless you want
to create one).

If you have videos to donate - temporarily or permanently - make sure
they are labeled and put them on the shelves for others to enjoy.

If you plan on showing a video open to the public, please reserve the
space by clicking "reserve space" on the above calendar.  Members are
asked to give $10 an hour for scheduled events in the room.

Let's encourage more 24/7 use of all the IMC spaces.  Members are
welcome to use the space for free any time it is not reserved for
another use.  Any event that meets regularly, invites the public, or
brings in money should be scheduled through the calendar.  Sound
board is for use by those trained by the shows group which offers
training most Thursdays at 7 PM.  Otherwise come on it and have fun.

In addition to the video room, IMC members can enjoy:
- public access terminals & free wireless
- kids art space with materials, a large table, and cubbies to store
things (supervision of children required)
- production facilities to make audio, video, and print work
- space to meet and greet
- a stage (and sound system once trained) to rehearse music and
experiment

These are also open to the public when the space is staffed or hosted
by an IMC member.  To staff a shift at the IMC, e-mail staff at ucimc.org.

cheers,
Danielle
IMC Space Coordinator

P.S. We have one art studio available at the end of January.  The
large lower level room where Cherry Alley Artists and the School for
Designing a Society were housed is likely available in April.  Please
pass on the word.  Interested folks can contact me or contact
booking at ucimc.org.