[Peace] DC or bust / the plans and how to join

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 21 16:11:12 CST 2007

Information regarding the trip to Washington D.C. for the Saturday January 27th March.

* We will drive rental minivans to the march (we have 6 7-passenger minivans requested, and there were 17 people at the planning meeting last night, so we have plenty of space for more people to join).
* We will leave Friday evening at 5:00 pm, spend Saturday in D.C. (the march starts at 11am Eastern time), stay the night in a cheap, yet-to-be-determined location, leave early Sunday morning, and return to Champaign Sunday evening.
* The costs of renting vans and gasoline comes to $65 per person.

If you are interested in joining us:
* email "Tom Miebach" ( miebach2 at uiuc.edu ) with the following information: your name, whether or not you will be attending, your cell phone number, your age (for driving insurance and to make sure people are not underage), and whether or not you would be willing to drive at all.  It is very important that you all get this information to us ASAP.
* $65 BY THIS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24.  The deadline for getting this money to us will be the ISO event, which takes place this Wednesday at 6:00 pm in room 329 of Gregory Hall.  This event will feature the speaker Joel Geier presenting the logic of immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq.  Cash is preferred, but checks may also be made out to "Brian Duggan".  Also, we are looking for a couple people who would be willing to put $250 on their credit card, which would cover the security deposit for one van and would be refunded upon our return.  Let us know if you could help us out with that.
=====