[Peace] Join AWARE in the July 4th *America Salute Free Enterprise* Parade

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 3 22:35:46 CDT 2007

Hope you can march with AWARE in the 4th of July parade!

AWARE is currently parade entry # 68 (a note says "may be modified
up to day of event", but I bet that's unlikely now).

Here's the current staging map:
  http://www.july4th.net/parade/07StagingMap.pdf
and shows that we're slated to line up on the
north side of California St., about midway between
Lincoln and Busey, in between the Carroll Fire Dept. and
the Illini Scooters (?). Parade is scheduled to begin at 1:05 PM.

For more about the whole event, google
"Champaign County Freedom Celebration"
or just see www.july4th.net.

We have a suite of signs -- carry one or bring your own --
and half a dozen little green wagons depicting our theme:
     The Cost of "Free" Enterprise

Global Warming
45 Million Uninsured
Disparity of Wealth
Exportation of Poverty
Super Size Me
Addiction to Wars for OIL
Sweatshop Labor
CPC=Cheap Plastic Crap
Export Jobs; import debt
TV Addiction
Globalize Peace
Enough Corporate Welfare
US for Sale

All are welcome to join us!

AWARE did not choose the name of the "New-Gazette Champaign County
Freedom Celebration" 4th of July Parade!
  But we will choose how we depict their theme:
  Please join AWARE as we embed our message of Justice and not JUST US
  in the 2007 July 4th parade:

  The Cost of America's Salute to Free Enterprise!
  AWARE ........the local Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Urbana
Champaign has built upon the July 4th Parade theme:
  "America Salutes Free Enterprise" with the depiction of the true cost
of " U.S. free enterprise".

AWARE's entry depicts the cost to not only our nation but for the world.

AWARE encourages everyone to rethink the consequences of "U.S. Free
Enterprise".

AWARE depicts this year's theme for the parade by giving an inclusive
opportunity for the expression of free speech, the voicing of our 1st
amendment rights and the ability of citizens to express the idea that
"American's Free Enterprise" also has consequences for our nation, our
fellow citizens and the world. AWARE will make use of a hybrid car as
the lead vehicle. Our members will pull children's wagons, ride
bicycles with or without kid carriers and walk.

  Our entry will highlight the consequences and costs of "US Free
Enterprise":
  ......... Please make and bring some signs to share or borrow one of
AWARE's signs.........