[Peace] Minutes for July 1, 2007

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 6 17:11:11 CDT 2007

I shouldn't have offered to take notes, because my old ears are not up to
the task.  The following is pretty sketchy. I've included only items for
which there was a report or conversation.

Minutes for the July 1, 2007 AWARE meeting, which started at 5:10

Present: Annette, Don, Jessica, Dan, Janet W., Bob I., Bob W., Bob D.,
Doug, Stuart, Karen (facilitator), Mort, Barbara, Joe

Main event: short discussion of Carl's brochure. Few had read it before the
meeting.

Farmer's Market: Stuart reported an interesting conversation with a guy who
had 3 tours of duty in Iraq. He described extreme disorganization in the
military on a day-to-day basis

Anti-racism: Annette said family hasn't had access to Donnell for 10 days.
Barbara said that the police are claiming the children ran out of the house
before the house-shooting incident.

Counter-recruitment: Karen and Barbara reported on the demonstration on the
Illinois capital's steps. Two men were arrested for a sit-in at Durbin's
office. They were connected with Kathy Kelly.

Old Business

The final logistics of the 4th of July parade were worked out.

Stuart reported for Ricky that there is a study session regarding the
Urbana CPRB on July 9th, and that it may well be voted on at the following
city council meeting.

New Ideas

Robert Dunn stated that an article he had in the Orange and Blue Observer
some time ago was edited without his permission, and that the name-calling
regarding AWARE people was not written by him.

Past Week

SICKO is highly recommended

Adjourned at 6:20