[Peace] Re: [Aware] Connecting AWARE more with the Occupation Project?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 10 19:51:48 CDT 2007

Hello, Sean.  It's good to hear from you -- and good to know you're well
and out of jail...

We've followed the Occupation Project since Kathy first mentioned it on
her last visit to Champaign-Urbana.  I don't know if you'd get too many
people willing to be arrested from our group and friends, but there
might be some.

I think AWARE would be willing to hear a speaker on the project whenever
it's convenient for you to send one.  AWARE meets regularly every Sunday
5-6:30pm, and we could advertise your speaker to other local peace
groups.  AWARE has tended to welcome outside speakers: e.g., in recent
weeks we've had a representative from "Americans Against Escalation in
Iraq." (I know, I know.)

(And BTW my wife and I would be happy to house whomever you send.)

Best to you, and to Kathy and your colleagues,

Carl Estabrook
217.359.9466