[Peace] poverty in political discussion AND hunger locally - events June 4, 2007

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 4 12:12:51 CDT 2007

If anyone is interested in poverty issues, there are two events tonight (Monday, June 4, 2007):
* Hillary, Edwards and Obama conversation on the show "The Situation Room" which is on CNN television
* Hunger Panel (a local discussion) at the Douglass Community center in Champaign. 5:30-7:30pm.

1)
Tonight, on CNN, (I'm assuming at 6pm Central time):
Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Barack Obama
a conversation about faith, values, and poverty
broadcast live on CNN (7 p.m. Eastern / 4 p.m. Pacific).
(The Situation Room: Special Edition)
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/

2)
Hunger Panel:
"Working For Food: Food Insecurity in Eastern Illinois, a symposium framing hunger issues in our region" using the expertise of several people who see the effects of food insecurity on our community every day. Panelists are community members working in health care, food manufacturing, education, emergency food provision, community food and nutrition, and food production.
DATE: Monday, June 4, 2007
TIME: 5:30-7:30 PM
WHERE: Douglass Community Center, 504 E. Grove Street, Champaign