[Peace] Help out with the City of Champaign races

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Mar 14 13:36:32 CDT 2007

We need canvassers this Saturday and Sunday at 3 PM - please e-mail me
to help: chyn at ojctech.com.
Please forward widely ...

-------------------------------------
Local Progressives - Please Help!

There are 3 open at-large seats on Champaign's City Council.  In the
primary election, the top 3 vote getters were conservatives which does
not bode well for the future of our community.  But the primary also
had abysmally low voter turn out - progressive voters simply didn't
get to the polls.  We need to make sure this doesn't happen again!

The City of Champaign is poised to become even more conservative if we
don't get out and organize.  The stakes are very real:

--> Citizen Review Board of the Police
--> Apartment inspections to ensure tenant safety
--> Smoking ban
--> Funding for the poorest of the poor through General Assistance
--> Opposing Housing Discrimination against those with Section 8 vouchers

ALL of these are supported by
Giraldo Rosales, Patricia Avery, and Annette Williams.

NONE of these things are likely to happen if their opponents win.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have 5 weeks!

Help Patricia Avery, Giraldo Rosales, and Annette Williams win City
Council races in Champaign.

We need: Door to door canvassers, phone callers, donations, and
Champaign residents to take yard signs.

MORE ABOUT CANVASSING:
Canvassing is fun. We do it in groups and provide full training.
Please contact chyn at ojctech.com if you can canvas any Saturday or
Sunday until the election.

Canvas times are:
Saturdays at 11 am  and/or  3pm
Sundays at 3pm

We leave from:
Democratic Headquarters,
14 East Washington Street in Champaign
(You need not be a Democrat to help - this is a non partisan race)

Please RSVP for canvassing: chyn at ojctech.com

GENERAL VOLUNTEERING/YARD SIGNS:
Sign up at: http://champaigncountydemocrats.org/help#volunteer

DONATIONS: