[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] misgivings on Iraq War: A Four Year Reflection

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 21 17:13:33 CDT 2007

A few minutes ago I was turning onto Bradley Avenue delivering yard
signs for the Annette Williams campaign for Champaign City Council.
There, smack in front of me was a parking lot full of used cars with
a little American flags attached to the radio antenna fluttering in
the wind.  I'm talking about close to a hundred!  What a sight!  What
is the message?
Flags on cars.  Flags used by college democrats to represent
America's dead in Iraq.
Somehow if we are opposed to this war, we must at times be skeptical
of how the flag is both used and seen.  In this case,  Martin's
concerns seem legitimate.  There has to be more fitting and
meaningful symbol to represent the sacrifice of American servicemen
and women than the symbol I saw flying on all those cars this afternoon.
DLK