[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] Re: misgivings on Iraq War: A Four Year Reflection

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 22:30:11 CDT 2007

This seems like a nice idea to me. What is the death ratio? Something like 100,000 to 3,000 or 100 to 3? I’m sure that Iraqi flags are hard to come by, especially tiny ones, but I could imagine a display or poster exhibiting 97 Iraqi flags and three US flags along with the explanation that while it would be impossible for a flag to be displayed for each victim of the war, this was the symbolic proportion of all those that should be mourned – or something like that.

Pete Rhomberg <rhomberger3000 at gmail.com> wrote:  Something that seems to have been forgotten in this debate is one of the
options that Martin proposed, and which I am highly in favor of, namely
representing the Iraqi dead. While procuring over 650,000 Iraqis flags
would be an unreasonable burden on any group or coalition, I feel that
if an alternative to American flags is not decided on, the least we can
do is add Iraqi flags to signify a certain number of Iraqi deaths.
While the loss of American servicemen and women is tragic, the loss of
any life is also tragic, and we cannot forget the tragic death of over
650,000 Iraqis.
-Pete Rhomberg

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
  ~William Colby, former CIA director
  as quoted by Dave McGowan in his book "Derailing Democracy"

  NOTICE: George W. Bush has issued Executive Orders allowing the National Security Agency to read this message and all other e-mail you receive or send---without warning, warrant or notice. Bush has ordered this to be done without any legislative or judicial oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of President Bush and other government officials who are involved in this illegal and unconstitutional activity. from: Information Clearing House