[Peace] Red Herring benefit TONIGHT (Listed are all of the awesome RAFFLE PRIZES we'll have)

Amy Clay amyr.clay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:13:11 CDT 2007

RED HERRING FALL BENEFIT TONIGHT!!!
Friday November 2
6 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Dinner 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Door:
$6 ($1 off if you wear a costume)
Door and Dinner: $10

Raffle Tickets: $1 a piece or 6 for $5

This benefit is going to be AWESOME. If you don't come, you will wish you
were there. Great Food, Great Music and a KILLER Raffle!

Food: (served from 7-9) for only $5!!!
Basil Stirfry, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans and a Cookie
(This is the meal we had on local day!!)
(Featuring MANY LOCAL INGREDIENTS!!)

Music: (6 p.m. - 1 a.m.!!!)
Kenny Knowles
Glasseye Jack
Charles Joseph Smith
Pony Tales
Too Much to Carry with Bobby Russell
Kate and James Hathaway
Yeni Raki
Krukid
ZMICK

for links to the artists pages, please visit our
www.channingmurray.org/redherring.html

RAFFLES--YES RAFFLE(S) plural--there will be two of them with all of this
stuff and maybe even MORE!!!

Raffle 1 (6 p.m. - 9 p.m.)

Wine from Den Liquor * Must show ID to claim this Prize!
AWARE Impeach Tee
Old Vic Anti-war Poster
Art Coop Tee
World Harvest $5 Gift Certificate
Mr. John School of Cosmetology Free Haircut (2)
Red Herring Card for One Free Meal
ERC Gift Set (2)
Moonstruck Organic Chocolates
Art Mart Gift Bag (2)
Pottery by Hugh Bridgeford
Exhibit Boutique $25
Massage from Jan Kalmar
Jane Addam's Book Shop $25 Gift Certificate
$25 Gift Certificate to Luna
Pekara Bakery Gift Certificate $20
Two Free Tickets to a Krannert Show
Campus Massage Center 1 Hour Massage
CGFC Gift Basket

RAFFLE 2 (10 p.m. - 1 a.m.)

Wine from Den Liquor(2) * Must show ID to claim this Prize!
Art Coop Tee
World Harvest $5 Gift Certificate
Mr. John School of Cosmetology Free Haircut (2)
Red Herring Card for One Free Meal
ERC Gift Set (2)
Moonstruck Organic Vegan Cocoa
Art Mart Gift Bag
Pitaya $25 Gift Certificate
Exhibit Necklace Set
Pottery by Hugh Bridgeford
Free 30 Minute Behind the Seen Clairvoyant Reading
Exhibit Boutique $25
Undercover $25 Gift Certificate
Furniture Lounge $25 Gift Certificate
One Free Semester of Yoga Classes at the Yoga Institute of Champaign-Urbana
Exile on Main Gift Certificate
Strawberry Fields $50 Gift Certificate

Raffle tickets:
$1 a piece or 6 for $5
You must be present to win!

Wanna Volunteer? Drop us a line!

Back Story:

When Hami-B, our food processor, exploded that tasty salad dressing we make
all over the kitchen, and then when we realized that our cold table (cute
moniker yet to be determined) was schviting its way to 40 Degrees, we
realized it was time for another Red Herring Benefit. As you may or may not
know, the Red Herring is a non-profit vegetarian restaurant, so all of the
money we make goes back into making the Restaurant better for our customers
and for future vegans and vegetarians, to keeping our prices accessible to
folks trying to live a healthy vegan or vegetarian lifesyle, and to
purchasing the best and freshest food from local farmers and food producers.
This takes a LOT of LOVE: from Channing-Murray our parent organization, from
Red Herring Staff and most importantly from Red Herring Volunteers and
Patrons!! We couldn't do it without you!!

--
"The voice of passion is better than the voice of reason. The passionless
cannot change history."  Czeslaw Milosz