[Peace] recruiters at the high school football tournament (UIUC Memorial Stadium)

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:33:42 CST 2007

*counter-recruitment* event across from Memorial Stadium on Friday AND Saturday November 23-24 (2007)
12(noon)-1:30pm on both days

Military Recruiters will be at the State High School Championship Football Tournament. AWARE will be there to counter these students with full disclosure information to supplement the information the military gives out.

AWARE has written verification that we were within our
rights to hold a leafleting event right next to the military presence.

AWARE invites IVAW and others to join together with area high school students and a cross section of peace groups and activists to once again hold a *full disclosure counter recruitment* event next to the military recruiters at *tent city*.

Thank you for considering joining the effort to help fully inform students attending the IHSA tournament.
PLEASE Spread the WORD and plan to join the EFFORT!

AWARE will have flyers and signs at the IHSA Tent City which will be set up across the street from Memorial Stadium (SW corner of the intersection near the parking lot) corner of First Street and Kirby. We will be in or near Tent City next to the recruiters on both days.