[Peace] CBS study shows >100 exUSsoldiers/week commit suicide

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:42:07 CST 2007

At 06:54 PM 11/19/2007, srwisema at uiuc.edu wrote:

>It aired last night. The govt. never bothered to find out so couldn't refute.
>
>Find it on the CBS site
>
>http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/13/cbsnews_investigates/main3496471.shtml
>

>Sarah Wiseman

 From the article:

Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., is a member of the
<http://veterans.senate.gov/public>Veterans Affairs Committee.

"If you're just looking at the overall number of veterans themselves who've
committed suicide, we have not been able to get the numbers," Murray said.

Later in the article, after CBS "got the numbers" and presented them to Murray:

Sen. Murray said the numbers CBS News uncovered are significant: "These
statistics tell me we've really failed people that served our country."

Do these numbers serve as a wake-up call for this country?

"If these numbers don't wake up this country, nothing will," she said. "We
each have a responsibility to the men and women who serve us aren't lost
when they come home."

And that's where it'll end, right there.