[Peace] Anna Baltzer tour

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 27 10:59:52 CST 2007

Hello friends in Illinois & Wisconsin,

After the recent release of my new book, I'm back on tour and
returning to your area in the next couple of weeks (sorry for the late
notice)! This time I'm traveling with Hannah Mermelstein, an amazing
speaker and activist I worked with at the International Women's Peace
Service. Hannah went on to co-found Birthright Unplugged
(www.BirthrightUnplugged.org). Our itinerary is below. Please forward
it on to anyone who you think might be interested...

Yours in peace,
Anna

********************* Please distribute widely *********************

LIFE IN OCCUPIED PALESTINE: EYEWITNESS STORIES & PHOTOS

Two Jewish American human rights volunteers with the International
Women's Peace Service—Anna Baltzer, Columbia graduate, Fulbright
scholar, the grand-daughter of Holocaust refugees, and Hannah
Mermelstein, co-founder of Birthright Unplugged—will present photos,
videos, and stories from their work with Palestinian refugees, Israeli
activists, and others working nonviolently for peace and justice in
Israel/Palestine. All events include both Baltzer & Mermelstein unless
otherwise indicated.

Note: for times, addresses, and events in other states, visit
www.AnnaInTheMiddleEast.com/presentations/schedule

Nov 27 Peoria, IL Bradley University (Baltzer solo)
Nov 28 Rockford, IL WNTA Talk Radio (Baltzer solo, remotely)
Nov 28 Peoria, IL Cable Access TV (Baltzer solo)
Nov 29 Chicago, IL Open University of the Left (Baltzer solo)
Dec 3 Rockford, IL Unitarian Universalist Church of Rockford
Dec 4 Janesville, WI Janesville Academy for International Studies
Dec 4 Janesville, WI Janesville Academy for International Studies
Dec 4 Rock County, WI University of Wisconsin
Dec 5 Platteville, WI University of Wisconsin
Dec 6 La Crosse, WI Viterbo University (Baltzer solo)

Baltzer will be selling and signing copies of her new revised & updated book,
"Witness in Palestine: A Jewish American Woman in the Occupied
Territories."

Mermelstein will be selling copies of the CD she produced, Needle in
the Groove, composed of women singing for social change to benefit
Flowers Against the Occupation, a Palestinian groups working to
support and empower young girls in the North West Bank
(www.NeedleInTheGroove.org).

For more information about Baltzer & Mermelstein's work and tour,
visit www.AnnaInTheMiddleEast.com & www.BirthrightUnplugged.org