[Peace] Tomorrow: International Solidarity Day with Palestine, 9 pm

Students for Justice in Palestine sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 00:37:11 CST 2007

If you could please forward to your list-servs:
*
International Solidarity Day with Palestine
Nov 29, 2007
9:00 pm*

In front of:
*La Casa Cultural Latina
1203 West Nevada Street
Urbana, IL 61801 *

Join Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) in an international day of
solidarity with the Palestinian people, commemorated by the United Nations
on the anniversary of the adoption of the 1947 UN partition plan for
Palestine. The partition plan called for the establishment of independent
Jewish and Arab States in Palestine. However, 60 years later, we find walls,
check-points, and oppression instead of an independent Arab State in
Palestine. Take part in this day of solidarity to protest U.S. support for
Israel's illegal military occupation, which denies Palestinians freedom,
democracy, and right to self autonomy.

Tomorrow evening (Thursday, Nov 29, 2007), we will host a candlelight vigil
to commemorate this event and remember those who have continued struggling
for freedom.  The event will be held at 9 pm in front of the La Casa Latina
(the address is listed above).  We encourage you to come earlier to the Blue
Room Open Mic event at La Casa at 7 pm.  At the vigil, everyone is also
encouraged to share their thoughts or experiences about the Occupation, or
any other oppression of a people.

We look forward to seeing you.

SJP