[Peace] FAST FOOD NATION tomorrow night (Wednesday) at Channing-Murray Foundation

Amy Clay amyr.clay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:27:37 CDT 2007

 The Fall 2007 Social Justice Forum:
*Food, Immigration and Justice For All:
A Three Part Series*

In the last two years, immigration has become a hot issue in our country,
sparking massive protests, congressional debate and extensive media
coverage. Here in the Midwest, far from our country's borders, how does this
issue affect us? Join the Channing-Murray Foundation in exploring this issue
in our Fall Social Justice Forum entitled, "Food, Immigration and Justice
for All: A Three Part Series."

 Part II:
*Screening of: Fast Food Nation
*
 *Wednesday October 3rd*
*7 p.m. Screening followed by a discussion
*

1209 W. Oregon St. (corner of Oregon and Mathews
 The film, Fast Food Nation, is a fictional account based on the bestselling
book by the same name. An executive investigates where the
meat for his fictitious burger chain comes from.  The film explores the
exploitation of immigrant workers, as well as the hard reality of life
working in a meatpacking plant.

Afterwards, we'll discuss the film, as well as how the immigration issue
comes straight to our kitchen tables as we examine the means of food
production and the immediate and long term costs of what we eat in the
United States.  Discussion facilitated by Jacqueline Hannah, Director of the
Common Ground Food Co-Op, and Ricky Baldwin, local labor & community
activist.

*This Film is rated R for Graphic Images and Sexual Content, please be
advised that it is not reccommended for Children.

*

*In partnership with the Immigration Initiative, We will continue to take a
collection of much needed items for local migrant workers. We are looking
for donations that are clean and in good condition, including: ): winter
coats, light coats (any size), clothing, linens and blankets, dry & canned
foods (rice, beans, canned vegetables, peanut butter, bread, tortillas,
coffee, etc.). *

--
"The voice of passion is better than the voice of reason. The passionless
cannot change history."  Czeslaw Milosz