[Peace] National Fast and Feast / One Day for Non-Violence / October 8

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 17 22:25:06 CDT 2007

As part of the National Fast to End the War in Iraq (http://interfaithfast.org),
The Champaign-Urbana Interfaith Alliance sponsors...

One Day for Non-violence
* An interfaith fast
October 8
Dawn to dusk
* An interfaith breaking of bread
Join together in peace for a meal
October 8
Sundown (6:30pm)
at the Urbana Civic Center

We encourage all to join in fasting from dawn to dusk on Monday, October 8, to call for an end to violence, to become catalysts to transform America from conquest to community and from violence to reverence. All of our religious traditions recognize the power of fasting as a personal spiritual transformation and outward social transformation.

Whether you are able to fast during the day or not, please join us for the evening meal.

This shared meal will be a sign of our covenant with one another -- as individuals and as communities -- to stand against war, and to work with one another to stand against violence in our communities and around the world.

Date: Monday, October 8, 2007
Dawn to dusk: A fast
At sundown (6:30pm): Feast together
Catered with a variety of Middle Eastern Hallel foods.
Urbana Civic Center,
108 E Water St,
Urbana, Illinois
RESERVATIONS by October 1st: