[Peace] Help record Air AWARE TOMORROW (Friday)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:34:25 CDT 2008

Owing to conflicting schedules at UPTV, this week's edition of "AWARE on
the Air" must be recorded tomorrow (Friday 4/4) 1-1:30pm for cablecast
Monday 4/7 10-10:30pm.

I need several people to help.  This will be a particularly important
program because we want to talk about the Township Annual meetings to be
held Tuesday night 4/8.

A typical half-hour program is in three parts: (a) notes on the week's
news of war and politics; (b) recent activities by AWARE and related
groups; and (c) upcoming actions and events -- in which tomorrow the
Township referenda will be featured, and I'd particularly like someone
to come talk about plans for Urbana/Cunningham.

We need at least three people to do these segments (to avoid the danger
of my doing them all myself).  Also, we have recently added a fourth
item -- comments on specific issues.  Mort Brussel and David Green have
each done one, quite successfully, and I'd like to continue the
practice.  We're planning one on Blackwater in an upcoming program (not
tomorrow), and the recent torture revelations (including another Vanity
Fair article, the most important yet) cry out for one.  These can be
like the WILL Public Square comments, but longer.

Email or call [359.9466] me if you can help tomorrow at 1pm.  --CGE