[Peace] Run for Office as a Green

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:50:49 CDT 2008

Run for office as a Green Party candidate! As one of three established
parties in Illinois, the Green Party has the power to slate candidates for
the general election if there were no candidates in the primary. The final
day of slating is Monday, April 7th. There will be a local meeting on
Sunday, April 6th at 6:30pm at The Office in Downtown Urbana located at 14
West Main St. All Illinois Green Party members from Champaign County and
relevant districts are invited to attend and others may observe. We will be
endorsing candidates to run for office and then the relevant committees will
convene in order to officially slate the candidates. We can slate candidates
for Congress, State Representative, County Board, States Attorney, Coroner,
Auditor, Circuit Clerk, and Recorder.  We will also be appointing additional
precinct committeepersons.  Please consider running for office to take
activism to the electoral level. If you are interested in running for office
please reply to me.

You can join the party here:
http://ilgp.org/groups/membership/forms/get_involved

Thanks,