[Peace] Tuesday, Annual Township Meeting/CHIEF ISSUE MAY BE RAISED

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 22:16:13 CDT 2008

ALERT:
Help Needed!
It appears there may be an effort by a "Support the Chief" group to
place an advisory referendum on the Nov. 4th ballot asking the people
to call for the University to restore the Chief.  No one is sure how
organized this effort may be or how many people may show up to
support it.  BUT, it is clear if the referendum questions being
proposed by the progressive communities in Urbana and Champaign are
to succeed we need ALL the support we can muster. It would be a
travesty to have a restore the chief question on the ballot instead
of our own questions simply because enough people didn't take an hour
or two Tuesday night to attend the Town Hall meetings.
Potential progressive referenda include: municipalization of water
and power, end torture, IRV, local government budget transparency.
Democracy does require "participation" and those who participate in
the Town Hall meetings dictate the outcome.  Your presence and
involvement is crucial to a successful Town Hall meeting.
Tuesday, April 8th, 6:00 pm at Urbana City Hall and 6:55 pm at
Champaign City Hall.  Come at least 15-20 minutes early to complete
the registration process.   You must be a township resident to
participate.
See you at the PEOPLE'S ANNUAL TOWN HALL meeting!