[Peace] RE: DNC

Paul Marino pdmarino11 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 01:11:36 CDT 2008

Richard,

I am afraid you are terribly misguided on this matter of what the criteria
should be for selecting the President of the United States.  Race, color or
creed should not play any part in the political process, for or against.  As
a Bible believing, born again, Christian, the primary filter we should use
in determining who would be the best man (or woman) for the job is:  Does
the candidate have a Biblical world view?  Without going into an exhaustive
list to make the case that Senator Obama has the antithesis of a Biblical
world view, I will list just a couple of the current day issues.

1)       It is well documented that Senator Obama does not believe in the
sanctity of life.  He has a strong pro abortion position and even favors the
heinous practice of partial birth abortion for living souls right up to
their due dates.

2)       Senator Obama is for destroying the very first institution God
established; the family.  God has established from the very beginning that
marriage is between one man and one woman.  Senator Obama does not believe
this and is willing tear apart the fabric of what all civilization is
founded upon; the family.  Without the family, as God designed it,
everything else will totally deteriorate as it did in the days before the
flood.

There are far better people of color that can be considered as good role
models, Secretary of State, Condolezza Rice or Allen West (running for U.S.
Congress in Florida) are just a couple of examples.  As a Christian it would
be completely irresponsible to vote for an immoral man like Senator Obama.

You need to know what you believe and why you believe it.  The Bible should
be the final authority for all faith and practice, including filtering
through presidential candidates (or any political office for that matter).
I am quite disappointed in your lack of spiritual discernment in the matter
and others that we have discussed and hope that you will pray about what you
think God's mind and will is.  Perhaps you will re-consider your position.

In Christ,

Paul Marino