[Peace] AOTA tonight 10pm ch. 6 & online

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 19 17:42:55 CDT 2008

"AWARE on the Air," presented by the Anti-war Anti-racism Effort of
Champaign-Urbana, a local peace group, will appear on cable channel six at 10pm
his evening.

Each week members of AWARE discuss the US government's wars and the opposition
to them, both locally and nationally, by Americans who are appalled at the
government's betrayal of our democratic principles.  Tonight

    --we start with notes on local events from Karen Medina (with thanks to
Randall Cotton for minutes from last Sunday night's AWARE meeting);

    --then Linda Webber tells us what "mingle-mangle" is and gives us six
disturbing examples;

    --Wayne Johnson brings some energy to the question of corn and biofuels and
concludes, angrily, "Let them eat soap!"

    --Ron Szoke threatens us with philosophy and discourses on "Orwell, Obama
and Leadership"; and

    --YOS feints with a Reverse-Clinton ("What is the meaning of 'meaning'?")
but then cuts back with the asseveration that this week the hoariest piece of
American propaganda in living memory -- the Russian threat -- may have won the
presidency for the hoariest candidate in living memory, John McCain.

This program will soon be available on the AWARE website <anti-war.net>.
Temporarily last week's program may be viewed on the website
<newsfromneptune.com>.  --CGE